Adelina Holil, who graduated from Mercedes College last year, was presented with the Packer’s Prize last week at the opening of the Year 12 Perspectives 2017 exhibition at the Art Gallery of Western Australia.
Adeline’s work, titled Monkey Bars, is a comment on child exploitation in clothing production, and is displayed alongside the work of 12 other CEWA students. The exhibition includes a total of 55 works by young artists who were in Year 12 in 2017, which were chosen from 297 submissions.
The exhibition, and the work by CEWA students, touches on a wide variety of topics and issues relevant to young people in Western Australia, with painting, drawing, sculpture and textiles all on show.
The exhibition is open (with free admission) until 16 July, and voting is open for the Act-Belong-Commit People’s Choice Awarduntil 8 July.
Congratulations to all 2017 CEWA graduates included:
- Leyla Allerton, St Mary Mackillop College
- Jannelle Garcia, Emmanuel Catholic College
- Isabella Harman, Santa Maria College
- Adelina Holil, Mercedes College
- Taegan Howells, Irene McCormack Catholic College
- James Keddie, Bunbury Catholic College
- Rachel Raphael, Corpus Christi
- Kimberley Lin, Santa Maria College
- Annabelle Ring, La Salle College
- Yan Ni Sng, Corpus Christi College
- Zoë Sydney, Iona Presentation College
- Sophie Woods, Mercedes College
- Lauryn Wrightstone, Seton Catholic College